My Amazing Week

This past week at work I had the most amazing opportunity from my work institution! I was offered a promotion! This has been a privilege I have been working toward excessively. I was offered a position as a tutor or consultant teacher. My position is just below the title of teacher. My pay will be above what it was, and my hours would be cut from 8:30 to 3:30. My new hours would be from 9:30 to 2:30. This is perfect for me during the semester, as I will now have more hours across the week to work on graduate school assignments. I am feeling as if I am above the clouds. Now time to keep working diligently and hope to be promoted in the future from tutor to general education teacher. I am so thankful to God for blessing me with this new opportunity!

Vocabulary:
work institution- your job, a place where you work.
promotion- A higher position at work. For example, an assistant manager may be promoted to full manager.
privilege- a reward
position- job
tutor/ consultant teacher- someone who works in the classroom with the head teacher and students.
semester- half a school year for college students. Two semesters in length = one year of elementary school.
graduate school- college
diligently- your best work, working hard for a longer period of time.


Do Now:
You may have noticed that I used several prepositional phrases in my blog entry. Please write five sentences about your week. May sure to include one or more prepositional phrases in each of your sentences. *Hint* Prepositional phrases usually answer when, where, or how and event occurred.
An example of a prepositional phrase may be:
- across the street
-within my school
-outside the building

Comments

  1. I like your grammar point and vocabulary choices. Good luck in your new position! I am glad that it works out with your school schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow congratulations on your promotion! Sometimes we need something like a promotion to allow us to continue to achieve greatness. Being recognized is a great feeling, and when you are recognized with a promotion and raise it is a great accomplishment. Great vocabulary list, it is challenging and necessary for an ELL to understand. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Busy Week

My Monday Morning

God's Exciting Week!