My Monday Morning

Every weekday morning at eight o'clock I wake up. I work for a school as a class size reduction tutor. I do not have to go into work until ten fifteen in the morning. Sometimes I consider eating my breakfast as more of a brunch, since I have work so late into the morning. As I ventured to get ready for the day, I put on my blue button downed portfolio shirt and dress pants. I went into my drawer and grabbed my brush. I brushed my hair and afterwards I put toothpaste onto my toothbrush to brush my teeth. I put my tea cup underneath my coffee making machine (which I can use to make hot water for my tea). I sipped on my cup of tea and enjoyed the taste of caffeine.  As I walked into my car, I knew today would be a great day!

Vocabulary:
class sized reduction tutor- a teacher who stays in the classroom with the head teacher because there are more than 27 students in the class.
brunch- a breakfast meal you can eat later in the morning but before it would be considered lunchtime.
ventured- prepared
caffeine- something you drink to give you energy in the morning. Usually found in coffee or tea.

Directions: Read over my paragraph above. Place all of the prepositional phrases in parenthesis.
Remember what we have discussed in class:
  • Prepositions are words that hep answer questions such as When, Where, or How.
  • A prepositional phrase begins with a preposition and ends in a noun which is the object of the preposition. 

Comments

  1. Good entry about your busy morning! Could you add a picture of a brunch? And I think it would be a good idea to list some prepositions as examples, so they will know what to look for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Busy Week

God's Exciting Week!